5 Smart Ways to Grocery Shopping
Grocery shopping can be fun – what with seeing aisles and aisles of goodies – but it can be stressful as well. It feels bad when all the items you want are laid out before your eyes, but you’re on a limited budget.
So how do you make sure you get to buy the things you need and not spend more than you have to? Here are easy and surefire ways you can do:
Here 5 Tips for how spend less but buy smart during Grocery Shopping
- Make a list. Spend few minutes doing a bit of inventory and list all that needs to be purchased.
When you have a list of just the necessary items, you don’t have to wander along aisles where you might see something you don’t need to buy. This even saves you time. Plus, you don’t have to throw extra items into your cart.
- Don’t go when you’re hungry. Arti Prasad in All Women’s Talk says all items seem appetizing to you when you’re shopping on an empty stomach, which means a lot would go into your basket.
But when you go to the supermarket on a full stomach, you won’t be doing impulse purchases.
- You can upgrade your lifestyle by making a budget. This goes well with the list you should make. If you’re a regular buyer, you might already have an idea of prices of goods. This means you can estimate how much you need and how much you are willing to spend.
- Leave credit card and bring cash. Arti Prasad adds that debit and credit cards are dangerous in the sense that they represent “unlimited” money. When you take cash with you, you know you’re working on a tangible amount and be more conscious about spending on things you only need.
- Bring a calculator. “You’ll save big bucks if you take the time to compare prices with a calculator. Some products are packaged to look like you’re getting more for your money, but that isn’t always the case,” says Amber Sager of US News.
A better option would be to use the calculator in your smartphone (yeah, you may look funny holding a big calculator; smartphone it is!).
For more money tips and financial management ideas, get a copy of I Wish they Taught Money in School and our NEW Released Book “MONEY GROWS ON TREES” You can purchase it online via our shop http://www.lifestyleupgrade101.com/shop. We deliver for FREE nationwide (Philippines Only)!